Monday, July 12, 2010

We had a great weekend!!

The kids loved the concert!! My mom was wrong. There were no pot smoking gang bangers there. However there WERE 5,000 skinny, young, white girls, with long hair, short dresses, and stilettos. The most inappropriate thing I saw was a teenage girl pretending to poll dance for a photo op. Luckily, my twelve year old boy missed that one. Ha! It was like a Roseville prom. I felt old and fat. I admit, I kind of wanted to push one of those skinny little girls down the stairs after watching the 100th one try to walk in her stilettos for the FIRST time, all while giggling and her flipping her hair. Ugh.

Saturday, Katie worked and both the kids had play dates, which left me alone. I never know what to do when I am alone. I feel really lost. It's like when I am not being a mom or a partner; I don't know what to do. My plan was to stay home and clean and watch House. Well, I managed to NOT do that. I went shopping, grabbed some lunch, stopped by my mom's for a quick hug (in which I accidently threw her whole bowl of popcorn all over the front room. Oops.), stopped by the library, and then picked Marissa up. I subconsciously made sure I was NOT alone the whole time. Go figure. Yes, I know, I have issues.

Once Marissa and I got home we decided to try out her new slip and slide. This was on a whim; which is why she is "naked". (Side note: she asked me yesterday why she can't wear a bikini; she would be so excited to know that I finally let her wear one. lol). So the slip and slide came with a boogie board, and she wanted me to show her to use it. Well my poor child did not realize that all 250 lbs of me would have a really hard time doing that. Apparently I didn't realize it either because I actually tried (unsuccessfully). I didn't break/hurt anything, but I also didn't really move. Marissa never got hang of the boogie board, but didn’t give up trying! She had a blast!

Sunday was nice as well. Katie FINALLY had a day off. We took the kids to a swim party. In which my very pale Katie got a little crispy and wanted to leave. My two water babies loved it though. We managed to make it home, just to have enough time to pack some food and head over to a swim/bbq party we were invited to at our friends house. We had a lot of fun. The kids swam (I think that word is funny) and we ate ribs and tri-tip. Yum. We then dropped the kids off at my moms. They wanted to spend the night, and she watches them on Monday, so it was no biggie. Katie and I drove away not knowing what to do. We were kid-less. The possibilities were endless. I headed downtown waiting for her to direct me to some place cool. She couldn't decide. So I headed to the same place I always head when I have no kids, Rick's Dessert Diner. Mmm. I love that place! We got dessert to-go and went driving around trying to find a fun place to people watch. We ended up in the parking lot of one of the nightclubs downtown. We sat there like old fatties, listening to the music and eating our dessert. It was great. We didn't really see anything interesting, but we did make up what we thought was going on inside when we heard people screaming. We were meant for each other. Then we headed home, sat in the car for awhile listening to oldies, then made our way inside, and had some much needed "alone time". It was nice, especially with the kids being gone. I am sleepy today. It was worth it. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment